Saturday, June 18, 2011

"IT'S FREE!!"

It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon today in DC. Got up. Had coffee with my roommate and her boyfriend. And pondered how best to take advantage of the day and my disposition. 

As I was discussing with my roommate the leave-the-house-spend-money routine I had come to develop on days like this, I got a call. A friend invited me to meet her for an afternoon of shopping. Sounds like a perfect Saturday activity, right? I asked if I could let her know within the hour. I talked out the pros and cons of the proposed activity with my roommate. She countered with what I thought was a novel offer: "come play soccer with me in the park. IT'S FREE!"

No sooner had she spoken gold, I had declined the shopping offer and had the idea for this blog post. 

Exercise is a great way to make closet shopping worth your while in all aspects. Doing this free and accessible activity contributes to financial safety (not shopping), promotes health, and can provide a new interests in the clothes you have hanging in your closet. 

There is nothing more exciting for a woman than going into her closet after a good workout and shower, and trying on clothes  anew. So many options spring up that compliment the positive transformation of your body. 

So if you ever find your self in a similar Saturday conundrum, don't take the default route of spending. Rather take time and realllly enjoy what your Saturday is offering up-- a round of soccer, a healthy food summer cook out, or sitting on your porch reading a book. In the end it all comes back to investing in you and appreciating the whole of life. 

Well however you choose to spend your Saturday, do whats best for you and go CONFIDENTLY in that direction.






No comments:

Post a Comment